Sunday, February 28, 2010

Made In Broussard, LA



If you have ever met my dad, then you will understand why I saw fit to post something like this on my blog. Pictured above is seemingly a plant in a small black pot. If that is what you initially perceived, you are almost correct. The story goes as such, my dad bought my mom this plant and the pot in which it came in was constantly being blown over on the front porch of their house. My dad decided to switch to the south porch, as it was much more wind resistant. In the plants travel to the south side porch, the plant was dropped and subsequently, the pot broke. So my dad, in all his genius, decided to make a home made pot. What is pictured is as follows: The wrapping of the lower portion of the plant, above the stand, is electrical tape, yes electrical tape...how genius you ask? The actual stand is an old tractor wheel hub spray painted black. My father was very proud of this contraption and I promised him I would display it online. So I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed hearing the story of how it was made. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment