Friday, January 28, 2011

Conversation

Scene: Driving to my Parent's house to pick up my mom at 7:15 a.m. yesterday morning. At this point Eden and I are stuck behind a school bus.

Eden: God?...Gooooooood? Where are you God? Oh there you are!!!
Me: Eden, where do you see God baby?
Eden: He's on that school bus going to school!
Me: Is that so?!?! (perplexed by her imagination, though impressed)
Eden: Daddy, God said that all those kids on the bus are going learn, and and and and and if they learn they don't go to jail!
Me: (trying not to laugh) Oh, really, well - yeah, kids who learn and stay in school don't go to jail...
Eden: I wanna go to school Daddy, so the cops don't come get me!


I don't know where she learned this, or how she correlated learning and jail. She is growing up so fast and getting so big and very smart. I know everyone thinks their baby is smart and they all are in their own right, I think every generation these kids get smarter and smarter, not just my little Angel Face.

2 comments: