Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Unofficial Prose of Soludos


Dear fans and fanettes of the Soludos' world (and this also applies to unconverted fans), I have worn and I have swooned and above all I have praised. As you know I purchased my Soludos from Vanessa V Boutique in Lafayette and I am in the market for more... from Vanessa of course (I shall be on her like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm 'til she gets them). The shoes have a wonderfully soft denim dark stripped upper with a dynamic change in stitching pattern at the throat line with hemp welt and out soul outfitted with a rubber bottom. I particularly like the gum rubber bottom as hemp has a tendency to soften when under high temps (i.e. against hot pavements). It will absorb rocks if not protected and Soludos has taken the initiative to protect the shoe for durability. I have a pair of leather Pierre Cardin's of a similar nature that are suffering miserably from this oversight in their design.

The first recommendation Vanessa or Viki will give you in purchasing these shoes is to get them 1 size smaller as I can confirm they will stretch. Vanessa made me privy to this the day before so all was well, also, they are sized via a European size chart which you can view here . So do the ladies a favor, know your size before you go. I am a true 9.5 (Soludos doesn't offer half sizes) so I purchased a 42 as a 43 is the most common size 10 although it has been known to be a 9.5 in some other parts of Europe.  Happy shopping and good luck. I hope to see the lot of you in Soludos before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment