Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tough Mudder

Recently I have been discussing with my good friend and running partner Jeremy Z. about doing this insane race called the Tough Mudder. It's a 10-12 mile hardcore race that defies the perimeters of a normal mud run or Warrior Dash. In fact, the website issues this disclaimer: WARNING: Tough Mudder is 3-4 times longer and MUCH TOUGHER than a typical mud run such as Warrior Dash. On average, only 78% of participants finish a Tough Mudder event. Only those in strong physical condition should enter. I have been looking for something other than another half marathon or 10k. I am not interested in running a full mararthon so I had considered a few trail runs around the area, and surrounding states, and then I heard about this race. There is one being held in Texas in October, that is the projected date and location of our first Tough Mudder. All are welcome, it will certainly be a race to remember.


1 comment:

  1. Plus, you run through fire. That makes it even harder.

    ReplyDelete