Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Child's View on Intellect

I went on a job interview today. It was pretty entry level and as expected, I was deemed "over-qualified" for the position. The interviewer exclaimed, "I think you may be too smart, or maybe too professional for this position", laughing a bit. He was very polite and professional, we spoke a bit more about the down turn in the industry and the types of applicants he's seen. He thanked me for showing up and dressing well.

I returned home to my oldest demanding information about the appointment. I exclaimed to her that I was deemed "too smart" for the job. Baffled, Eden decided to test the theory. She said, "okay Daddy, if you're so smart, then what is 109 + 101?" I smiled, trying not to laugh, "210," I said. Now I'm almost laughing. Eden sat back in her bed, her eyes lifted and she remarked, with complete and utter impress, "wow Dad, you really are too smart!"

She went on to ask me a series of questions that she didn't know the answer to, but I continued to amaze... according to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment